Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Why is the blog named Rising from the Fog?

Why is this blog named " Rising from the Fog" someone asked me....

And here is why.

You know what fog looks like, kind of mysterious in nature, like mist hanging over a piece of land so thick, you cannot see in front of you. Never mind trying to tread through it. Well honestly, for a long time that's how I have felt in a way.

One of my major complaints before diagnosis I had been complaining that I had a loss of focus, that I did not feel as sharp as I once thought I was. I couldn't concentrate for any great length of time - In a sense, I felt foggy.  My brain worked and yes, I forget things and I am a little OCD on certain things but I knew somewhere in my brain what I needed to do, but it just wasn't clicking with the other parts of my brain. Trying to make sense of it all seems impossible at times. Those who suffer chronic illness can probably understand it first hand.

You just aren't yourself. Its confusing and its painful emotionally. Its frustrating and humiliating. Its just one big cluster of junk all put together like tangled Christmas lights you cannot unravel. 

In knowing all of this, I over -compensate when I am "on". I keep running until I am dropped to the floor and can only lay there - emotionally and psychically spent. 

Strange as it may be, yoga has definitely helped because in yoga I have to surrender and learn to see the bigger picture in the small footprint that is me. I am forced to just let go and rise from the fog, even if still foggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment