Monday, March 10, 2014

Without self-care, self-love; we are not whole,only pieces of shattered glass.

In life, we often take too much for granted, such as self care, self love.  Like glass, life is fragile. When it breaks it shatters, sometimes into tiny little pieces and we can get lost in the midst of the daze of crackling glass all around us.

This past weekend, one of my best friends lost someone close to her. A family member. The passing came sudden and this person was far to young to leave this earth. No one saw it coming. No one can believe it happened. The shock and devastation have left this family feeling as if their heart was ripped from them. They are moving in slow motion trying to figure out the pieces of not the loss of their lives too on how to walk through moments, the hours, and days ahead without their loved one. 

Its all so unsettling to think about. My heart breaks for my friend, her husband, her sons and the extended family. I cannot take away the pain. I cannot put a band aid on it and see it heal. Life is not like that and neither is death. I can hold her hand as she tries to mend the heart of her children and help her husband battle his pain. I can listen and let her know she is loved.  Most of all, I can remind her to take care of herself, that her life is priceless to all around her and she needs to be the best she can be - for herself, for her loves. 

It also reminds me, that my life is priceless and my ability to be the best I can be is essential to my well being. Having the medical issues, I have are obstacles in my way to my optimal health. I cannot let those keep me down. Self- care is a priority. Self-love = a better life.

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment